InTouch v9.5 DDE alarm

MartinW

Hi all,

I have an Intouch v9.5 application. The alarm list shows a lot of alarms of type "DDE" with blank message.

The "normal" alarms that I've configured have a type of "DSC" (Discrete?).

How can I track down the source of this annoying problem? I have done a dbdump and searched the csv file but couldn't find anything that helped.

thanks,

Martin

Did you ever resolve the issue?

Hi Mate, I wondered if you had resolved the issue you were having regarding these rogue DDE alarms. I too have a similar situation in that I have an alarm that does not appear in the live alarm list but appears every second in the alarm history. Again it has a DDE type but it is certainly not one I configured. I am off back to the customer to try to resolve it but I'm scratching my head at the moment.

See the Intouch help section on Alarm types (Event types)....DDE....(the tagname value was poked from a DDE client)
One or more of the tags in your tagname dictionary is configured for (event oriented) alarm. Its alarm state is turned on, and may have no comment
associated with it. The only way I know to find it is searching through the tagname dictionary for a tag with an event oriented alarm.

Hi thanks very much for your response.
There is a comment for this alarm, but I have searched the db for all instances of the alarm but it only exists once for the alarm that I did configure.
The alarm value that is triggered in the alarm history is not even close to the actual value of the tag, its actually in the middle of the hi / lo alarm values. It also does not appear in the current alarm list which I would expect it to if it was a geniune alarm.
If I trigger 'my' alarm it appears correctly and the 'rogue' alarm is still filling up the alarm history virtually unchanged.
I'll try to capture a screenshot of the alarm history and current alarm list tomorrow when I get onsite.
I really appreciate your response and guidance in this matter.

For the alarm tag you configured, try de-selecting the Log Events
check box in the tagname dictionary for that tagname, if it currently
has a check in this box.

JRB
Thanks very much for your sage advise. I was able to attend site yesterday and it was indeed checked. Never having used this field I was rather surprised to see it ticked. Of course I missed it when looking at a db dump as there are over 5000 tags but when I was able to get to the actual PC and see the tag and all its parameters it was quite obvious.
There's nothing like being on site but it's a 3 hour drive so I wanted to do a bit of reasearch before I got to site and this hijacked thread seemed the closest to my issue.
Again, many thanks for your assistance.