OT: Relays

The Plc Kid

Going through some info to order some phoenix contact relays i notice that one feature they tout heavily on many relay / base models is " Seperation of coil and contact wiring".

What is this supposed to prevent or help? Seems to be that it makes cabinet wiring easier but how?

Could not find a lot on the theory of it so i thought i would ask here. Just noticed that a lot of there relays have that.

Here is a example link http://www.alliedelec.com/Images/Products/Datasheets/BM/PHOENIX_CONTACT/909-0060.PDF

9th feature listed on the sheet.

Coil wiring is on one side of DIN rail, contacts on other side. Makes it easier to route wiring. Low voltage control on one side, output on other.

Similar Topics

I tried the click plus PLC to send emails today but could not get it to work over my network. I need a mass alert when a temperature reaches a...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, the scenario is: I have already completed the drawing package for my system utilizing an A-B 440R-N23126 (Minotaur) safety relay. SoS...
Replies
Views
I'd like to talk this through a little: Relays are regularly used for PLC outputs, regardless of a need for signal conversion. But what about...
Replies
Views
Good Evening , I should know more about Solid State Relays . I have a system with 8) 120 vac Vibrators . These Solid State Relays have...
Replies
Views
Just wondering what other folks have used on their digital output loads when using this digital output module. There will be a number of...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom