Twido-Suite

ABMatt

I am completely new to plc's and programming. I have a (Schneider) Telemecanique TWDLCAA24DRF with 2 bad inputs (0 and 1). I loaded the program from the Twido onto my pc (Twido-Suite) , but I have no clue how to disable inputs "0" and "1", and instead use inputs "2" and "3". I am new to ladder logic as well. Any help, no matter how basic, will be greatly appreciated!

I am completely new to plc's and programming. I have a (Schneider) Telemecanique TWDLCAA24DRF with 2 bad inputs (0 and 1). I loaded the program from the Twido onto my pc (Twido-Suite) , but I have no clue how to disable inputs "0" and "1", and instead use inputs "2" and "3". I am new to ladder logic as well. Any help, no matter how basic, will be greatly appreciated!

You write that you have 2 "bad" inputs. Do you mean defect? How do you know they are bad?

Do you have the program files. Otherwise you have to go on-line and make changes. You have to find references in the program to inputs 0 and 1 and manually change these to 2 and 3.

However if you are clueless I would let someone who knows a bit about Twidosuite do this otherwise you might run into real problems.

Karsten, yes, I should have said defective. Fortunately I am working on it at home in the evenings. If I make a mistake, I can just reload the original software that I saved onto my laptop from the defective controller. I don't know what you mean by program files. All I have is what I loaded from the plc. When I put an input on 0 and 1, the led's didn't light, but all the rest of them do when i give each of them an input. Also, I know for a fact that it was receiving an input in the circuit I removed it from, because I tested it with a meter, and when I replaced the Twido with one from stock (that was already programmed by a company in another state), everything worked fine. I don't know what would cause inputs 0 and 1 to go bad, other than a power surge. This is a good opportunity for me to learn, because the defective Twido is longer of any use at work. They will not use one that is in any way defective.

no longer of any use at work. They will not use one that is in any way defective.

If you have spare inputs available, the PLC is not really defective. The program for the PLC just has to be changed, as Karsten stated, so that the faulty inputs are re-assigned to new inputs...

If want to post the program file here, someone here could make the changes for you, then send the modified program to you.

You could then compare the 2 programs (original & modified) and see if you can find the differences... Then you could learn how to make the changes yourself.

RANT - IMHO, it can be hard to learn PLC's just from the internet. All the regulars here like to help people, but as Karsten also stated, you could run into problems if you bite off more than you can chew.
It is good that you are playing around at home with this - then we can assume that any errors that could be made will not affect working machinery & possibly be a safety risk - END OF RANT

Those inputs could have been configured as high speed counter inputs, so maybe they are not defective. Not sure how the operate when configured this way (never done this), but I do know that the first inputs can be used as a counter. Seems a bit of a coincidence that these are the inputs that are not working

Hi, I'm not an expert here but I hope I can help you or at least throw some light at the problem.

If you've loaded the exactly same program into another device and it worked, then I'd say you are right and the inputs on the original are defective.

So what I would do is to open the program, (save it with another name, before applying any changes) and with the search/replace option (I believe it's Ctrl+f) find every reference to inputs %IO.0 and %IO.1 and replace them with the ones you'll be using instead.

If the program didn't work in the other device also, then as GeoffC said, the problem must be on the configuration of those inputs. Look for the manual, and see how to modify the HighSpeedCounter option. It should be simple.

Hope it works, and please tell us when and how you solved it.

to Ianingram, thank you for your help. I would agree with you that the internet is not the ideal place to learn plc's. It is my fascination with hardwired motor control and relay based automation (if there is such a thing) that has led me to this point in the first place. I also understand the rare atmosphere that surrounds the people working in this industry. I appreciate anyone who cares enough to help, or loves their trade so much that they cannot resist giving constructive criticism and advice. I am making $15 an hour hammering boxes on studs and jerking romex. It's mind-numbing. A plc software programmer that was being paid $50 an hour told me, "If I want to know something, there's a book written about it, and if I don't understand the book, ask someone who knows". I'm not the brightest one in the bunch, but an accomplished artist once told me that it's 5% talent and 95% perseverance. Whether that's true or not, I decided last week to do this, and this forum was my first stop after reading a book on plc's that I bought at Barnes and Noble. I promise not to waste your time.
To Frelecing: yes sir, I did load the program onto a brand new twido, and it worked fine. As I mentioned before, I have no clue why the inputs quit working. Inputs 0 and 1 were attached to a hand-off-automatic switch on the front of the cabinet. Thanks for the advice........"So what I would do is to open the program, (save it with another name, before applying any changes) and with the search/replace option (I believe it's Ctrl+f) find every reference to inputs %IO.0 and %IO.1 and replace them with the ones you'll be using instead." There's a test cabinet with a place for my Twido and an Altivar 31. I'll post within a few days, letting you know if it works! Also, how do I post the program online?

save the program. zip it then click on post reply and add attachments.
Also check in the folder where twidosuite installed. you will find documentation in there that will help you with the basic and all the available instructions