Rslogix 5 Uploading slow

bornwild

hello folks.

We have ab plc 5 and contol logix system. Uploadin via rsl5k is really fast and completes in a sec but when it come to rs5 it takes forever . Is there a way to upload faster. I know plc 5 are older system but still it takes me 8 9 min just for uploading. plc 5 are connected via DH+ .Excuse me if this is basic

Sounds like your DH+ network is very busy doing other things. Which PLC5/?? do you have? If its an enhanced version then try using its serial port. You might have to increase the ports ( serial) baud rate.

Sounds like your DH+ network is very busy doing other things. Which PLC5/?? do you have? If its an enhanced version then try using its serial port. You might have to increase the ports ( serial) baud rate.

We have Orginal PLC5/25 . Baud rate is 57.6. Also, why does it keep me asking matching file not found while uploading.Even though I save to file after goin offline. Everytime this message pops up no matching offline file found .

Save a File just before you go off-line!

Maybe you have to update the network path.

Have a look in the PLC configuration, if you can select a higher Baudrate, after selecting another baudrate, you will loose your connection. You'll have to set the same baudrate in RSLinx before you can connect again.

The "New Platform" PLC-5 controllers have a checksum that RSLogix 5 compares to the offline file to determine if the online and offline files are the same before deciding to perform an upload.

The Classic PLC-5 controllers don't have the same checksum function, so RSLogix 5 always requires an upload to go online.

The speed is probably a function of your DH+ network loading; check first for retries and failed messages, then see what you can do about analyzing the messaging and loading on the network.

@nightline. Thanks, now it is uploading faster but only on enhanced plc5 as ken mentioned in the post above. Thanks all