Proface Print out

HERO_MARK

Hi, does anyone know how to connect a printer to a pro-face screen and make it do a alarm print out, or any screen print out?

Not sure on that one Mark, if it were me I'd contact Proface directly and ask for guidance, their rep should be more than willing to help. Proface i'm sure have a model that has essentially a PLC built in to it. What I do know is the proface can be attatched to a small PLC and then the PLC can handle which label you wish to print depending on what the Proface tells it.

It would have to be a serial, ethernet or USB printer. You can also set up a print server that your screens can print too.
You could use GP-viewer to see and control the screen from your PC and then screen dump print.
On th GP Designate the display unit's internal device LS14 Bit 2 (print start bit) in [Bit Address] and hard copy should print. Program a button to toggle this bit on the screen you want to print.
Or send the screen to memory card in csv format then print from there.
Your Proface rep should be able to help. It is easy and the help files will lead the way. The print drivers are limited HP, epson, text ASCII.