HMI software

jcole1

I have a few questions about the HMI software for allembradley.
What is the difference in ME, SE, and Studio editions in RSview.
What can I do with RSView that I could not do with Panelbuilder32?
What can I do with FactoryTalk View that I can not do with RSView?
Basically, what I am wanting to know is why would I use one software over the others.

Thanks for the replies.

ME and SE are the options.
Studio is the dev software for building screens.

ME is the Machine Edition product, The panelview+ uses these projects. Suitable for HMI style applications.

SE is the more full featured SCADA-like product. You would install this on a physical computer. Supports client/server models, can also display screens built in ME.

If you want to use a Panelview+, you have to use Studio ME. Panelbuilder32 will not work w/ the new PV+.

PanelBuilder was for the older PanelView standard operator interface terminals while RSView32 was the higher level SCADA package. Two very different software packages.

When Rockwell came out with the PanelView Plus they essentially combined the development environment for the operator interface (Machine Edition) and the SCADA (Supervisory Edition) into the RSView Studio software. The way you developed for both platforms was essentially the same software environment.

FactoryTalk View Studio is the new name for RSView Studio. Prior to version 5 the name was RSView Studio and from 5.0 on it is now FactoryTalk View Studio.

OG

Versa View is just an industrial computer running xp (im my case anyway). They should all run on there, but i think you would use SE (correct me if im wrong).

The Panelview Plus CE was formerly known as the Versaview CE and will be programmed with FactoryTalk View ME Studio (formerly known as RSView ME Studio)...so the HMI portion of the programming will be the same as a normal Panelview Plus.

It is the same as a Panelview Plus but with the Windows CE Operating System being more exposed so you can run some third party apps (especially active X controls) on it.

Last edited: