Honeywell HC900 (SPP Function Block) utilization

daniyal

I am working on Honeywell HC900 and it is my first time to working on any DCS, so some sort of things in the designer first time in my experince. i want to use the SPP (Setpoint Programming) function block in my project but i am not much fimilier with this fuction bolck, i have seen the Function Block Reference Guide but not to clear the concept of using and programming and Profile and Segments, what is ramp and sock..etc. of the SPP block. Is there any person who can clear this thing with example.

Regards,

MD

The purpose of setpoint profiler is to have the controller generate its own setpoint changes over time, typically for some sort of batch control.

For instance, an environmental chamber needs its temperature to ramp to 200°C in one hour, soak at 200°C for an hour, then ramp down to -50°C in 30 minutes, and hold (soak) at -50°C for an hour.

The controller automatically generates the appropriate setpoints over time.

Here's an example from a Honeywell UDC manual (unrelated to my example above):
52jk3t.jpg

Same page is attached as shown in graphic above