Unity Pro Delay?

mosama

Hi every one

I'm working with Unity Pro software for programming Schneider PLC. I want to make a delay using ST language. I don't mean on delay timer, I mean the program execution stops until delay is counted then the program continues.

I hope any one can help me.

Regards

You can stop any particular task section on a permissive - if you right click on the task section (see picture) and go to Properties->Condition you can add a bool in here to enable/disable this code section. I think this is what you want - I don't think you mean to turn the whole system off.

This way, you can have a Timer or whatever else in some master task and then enable/disable the code you want to run/stop as you see fit with the permissive bit.

11-24-2010 5-42-13 AM.png

Last edited:
Thanks for you replies

Actually I want to make a function block with the following I/O:
Inputs: 1- Start
2- NUM OF OUTS
3- Delay
Outputs: Array [1..10] of OUTS

When start is on out1 will be on then after a delay out2 goes on then delay then out3 ... and so on

I want to make a for loop like this

for x:=1 to 10 do
out[x]:=1;
(* delay here *)
end_for;

Regards

Last edited:
I cant see any valid reason why you wouldn't just use a timer delay, trying to do it any other way is just re-inventing the wheel for the sake of it.

Because the timer delay instruction requires several scans to execute the delay. I want the delay to be executed in on scan so it can be used in a for loop.

chud:
That's exactly what I want, the delay instruction in the PIC microcontroller.

tragically1969:
M340 BMX P34 2020 V2

You can easily create delay inside an ST section by using REPEAT instruction.

example
x := -1
REPEAT
x := x + 2
UNTIL x >= 101
END_REPEAT ;

Important Note: This will create a loop program and may cause WatchDog error to stop the PLC, if the total scan tim even exceeds the watchdog time. So it is not recommended to use this instruction for your appliation requirement. Your requirment can be better done using TON block.

iknowsomeplc:
Thanks for your help.
If there is a delay instruction it could be better.

Last edited: