help with omron addressing

hey guys

just wondering if someone could help me with some omron addressing

i am looking at a CQM1 program on a customers machine and there are a lot of rungs with MOV instructions

i can understand where the destination word is, but i am unsure of the source

here is a typical example of one of the MOV instructions

MOV #2 HR6

i'm understanding this means move the contents of word 2 to word HR6, but in what memory area is word 2?

what does the # mean?

thanks in advance for your insight :)

i am still a little confused

#2 in hex is still 2.. so the data it is moving is from word 2, but from what memory area?? IR2? from somewhere else??

or is it just moving the hex number 2 (not moving a word) INTO HR6?

Last edited:

Similar Topics

hi guys, just new to plc and I'm trying to understand a program that a previous employee in the company did. when i looked at the I/O comment in...
Replies
Views
We have an omron CJ2M-CPU12 PLC that we are having issues with an AD04U analog card. it is connected to a K type thermocouple sensor. The card is...
Replies
Views
Hi all, While i am not new to omron, i'm totally new to the analog part and lost. i have a CJ2M cpu 33. then there are 4 i/o cards card 5 is a...
Replies
Views
I have a question about SET instruction in Cx-programmer. When condition goes true it is supposed to give value 1. But, my controller is giving 0...
Replies
Views
Our small company ran into a huge problem... the battery in our Aqueous wash PLC exploded, and destroyed the PLC and Program along with it. We...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom