Red Lion IOs with AB CPU

Yes... probably many ways. Which IO, and what are you trying to change?

I think an Ethernet/IP slave driver on the Redlion with the entries mapped to the Internal variables created for the IO modules should work. (I have not tried this.)

Csmstrv

Robert,

CSMSTRV series IOs, specifically PID controller modules, Temperature controller modules, Digital IO modules and analog input modules.

These IOs are currently connected to a RL G315. The entire program logic is in this G315.

The need is to move the program logic from the G315 to CompactLogix (L32E) and make the HMI as only HMI instead of controller & HMI.

The RL documents (1, 2 ) INDICATE it can be done, but I want to make sure before venturing into it.

Anand

How do you connect the IO to a G315? I have never seen it be able to attach to the panels, only a Master Controller. What comms protocol are you using now to connect the G315 to the Master Controller?

Modbus

Robert,

My mistake. I wrote it incorrectly.

There is a master controller and that is attached to the HMI.
Modbus TCP/IP - Master (HMI) - Slave (Controller)

But still, entire logic is in HMI as Chrimson doesn't show option for programming the controller in this series.

Last edited: