PLC 5/80E count off time

todster

I know some operators are turning off equipment while it is idle to falsely reflect higher production averages. The equipment has an hour meter that is controlled by an output from the PLC and reflects on time. The on time is then used to calculate their productivity. Turning off the machine everytime they are idle for a couple of minutes increases their averages. When it's off and they are on the clock, it counts against maintenance as downtime. I would like to record the time they stoppped and the duration. All the values will be stored in files on the PLC and most likely only viewed with a CDM. I can use the RTC and EQ/NEQ to filter out the off shift times and days. It would be nice to also use the RTC to label the files by work shift. I have a few ideas on doing this. I will be sitting in a hotel for the next 2 weeks. I figured I could go a step further and get some great ideas that will turn this into a learning opportunity as well as something that I might implement. There's more than 1 way to skin a cat.
I'll be doing this on RS500 with an emulated 5/04. Not sure if the emulator will give me the RTC but I'll fudge what's needed.