Cimplicity scada help

Frelecing

Hi everyone,

Once again, I'm needing some help... It must be something simple if you've developed a SCADA with Cimplicity or other software, but for me, who has not, it's becoming hard and I don't even know where to start from.

I have a SCADA screen made in cimplicity, which shows a motor when it's running and when it's not. I need to add some sort of variable or counter to show me the amount of time this motor has been running, and a button to reset this counter when I want...
As I am just dreaming, it would also be great if I could save this values to a txt file when the counter is reseted, but I don't know if that's possible.

Please, any help will be greatly appreciated, as I told you, I don't even know where to start from!

The easiest way would be to modify the PLC program to add a timer that keeps track of the running time. You will also need to create a new Cimplicity Point addressed to the timer's .ACC value.

If you aren't allowed to modify the PLC program you could create a script in Cimplicity that gets called once per second. In the script, you add one second to the running time if the Cimplicity Point corresponding to the run status is true.

There are also text and file file handling instructions available in Cimplicity scripting.