Mantainance of a value

karofilakis

Sorry for my english

in my s7 project , i have a global variable (as an input in i0.2) named "m35.over_load"
in the function fc2, i have a local variable named #over_load as bool
when i push the buton i0.2 the m35.over_load = 1 and something is done in the fuction (stops the motor)
when i realease the buton i0.2 the m35.over_load = 0 and the motor should start to run but under contitions that have to do with the previus status of m35.over_load (1)
how i can transfer the value of m35.over_load when is 1 in the local variable #over_load whithout this change when the m35.over_load is 0 ???

When i push the buton i0.2
m35.over_load ---> 1
#over_load ------> 1

when i realese the buton i0.2
m35.over_load ---> 0
but i want steel
#over_load ------> 1

how i can do this ????????

Thanks in advance

Use the positive and negative edge functions.

FP = Positive Edge
FN = Negative Edge

A M35.over_load
FP i0.2
S #over_load

A #over_load
FN i0.2
R m35.over_load

When you first press the button, i0.2 goes False to True, and triggers the SET. If the #over_load is set, and you release the button, i0.2 goes True to False and triggers the reset of just the M35.over_load. #over_load should remain unchanged.

Hopefully that works, and I'm not leading you in the wrong direction. I'm not 100% fluent in Step7 or STL. I've only ever used the (P) instruction in LADDER and not STL.

As over_load is a temp variable in a FC you cannot store its value between calls. Either convert the FC to an FB and use the stat area for over_load, or change over_load from a temp variable to an in_out variable. When you call the FC you assign over_load an M flag or global DB bit or a stat if calling the FC from an FB.