Help setting up an AB Ultra3000 Servo Drive

loundeb2

Hi, I programmed and installed a new ultra3000 servo drive for a press feeder. I have the operation mode set as "Follower" and it operates fine, however, I set the "operation override" to preset velocity, I have the drive enabled, input 3 set to "override and forward" and input 4 set to "override and reverse". i'm using a control pendent for jogging forward and reverse. In the monitor window, I do see enable on, and inputs 3 and 4 come on when the jogs are pressed, but have no motion. I can't find where to set a preset velocity within the software or any helpful info on using the preset selects. Can anyone provide some helpful info on what in need to do to get the operation override to work? Thanks, Lou

I can't find where to set a preset velocity within the software or any helpful info on using the preset selects
The preset velocities are set in the Preset window (expand the Mode Configuration item in the left pane). There are eight presets; you use the preset select bits to specify which velocity will be used. Search for "preset select" in the online help to see how this works. Unfortunately I don't recall how preset velocities are triggered--but I don't think it is with the Forward and Reverse Enable inputs. Is your drive an indexing model? If so, it would probably be easier to set up jogging motion profiles for what you want to do.

Thanks.
I think I figured it out by what you mentioned.
I don't have an indexer. I set up the primary operation mode as a follower and set an rpm value under preset 1 velocity in preset mode.
The drive is enabled through a plc, the inputs for the jog pendant are now multi-configured to either override+foward+preset1 or override+reverse+preset1 respectively.