PanelView C1000 startup help

Geroge

Hope you guys can help me out. I have been working with AB PLC's at work and at school for awhile and just recently my boss bought a C1000 PanelView disply for use on a training machine. I haven't worked with a Panel view disply before, but I fallowed the directions to the letter, with hooking it up and pluggin in the Ethernet cable (standard stright though). I obtained the IP address and went to open PanelView Explorer and cant get it to open. The Computer doesn't seem to see the PanelView at all. I tired pinging the IP address it gave me and i dont get anything. I know I am missing a crucial first step but having read the instructions a dozen times im getting no where. Can anybody give me a quick 10 step guide to hooking the darn thing up, and opening PVE? I have read over the recomended lit and cant find where i am going wrong. Thankx in advanced.

Last edited:
Make sure your IP settings follow something similar.

PVC: 192.168.1.1 Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Computer 192.168.1.2 Subnet: 255.255.255.0

Bingo, you hit the nail on the head. Got to work this morning and had the thing talking and danceing in less than 10 minutes. Thanks alot.

-G