Panelview 600Plus with 2711P-RN8

fattyohair

Hope you guys can help me on this one. I am upgrading my PV600 to a PV600Plus. I bought the communication adapter for DH+ for it. When I am in RS Studio/Communications, I right click to add device to my virtual backplane. But there is no 2711P-RN8 in the device list. I am stumped. Do I need a newer version of RS Studio?? Any help would be great! thanks

To clarify -
What software are you using to configure the new PV+?

Because you need to be using FactoryTalk View Studio for it.

If you are using View Studio, don't click on the virtual backplane, instead right click directly on 'RsLinx Enterprise' and 'Add Driver'. You should see a smaller list of drivers which will include 'DH+ (1784-PKTX, 2711P-RN6, 2711P-RN8)'

RSVIEW Studio. I can see the PV in my communications window through the ethernet driver. I expand the PV and see the virtual backplane. I right click to add device and the 2711P-RN8 is not in the list

RS Studio Screen Shot.jpg

Well, it works on the PV1000+ I have in the office. Make SURE you enable the DH+ adapter on the 'TARGET' tab as well. Made that mistake once.

When I hook up to the DH+ network, will I be able to see the PC5 through this DH+ driver under communications Local and Target tabs? Because I thought I tried this and it did not show me any devices on the DH+

Unless you have a 1784-PKTX(The PCI card, neither the USB or PCMCIA cards work for this) in the computer you will not.

If you DO have a 1784-PKTX in the computer, then yes you can browse the DH+ network if the computer is hooked to it.

oh, I have the1784-u2dhp. Thank you so much for helping me with this. I was having a hard time to find any discussion or literature on this.

Panelview 600 Plus alarms not working

This worked when I installed it. But, I had to fly the darn thing home again. Now, It reads all the tags that were migrated from the original PanelBuilder32 program. But, the alarm triggers don't work. I checked all the help files and made sure the display box was checked under the messages tab. I checked the startup folder and alarms is checked. I tried to use the alarm banner as the popup under the advanced tab and the alarm list. Nothing pops up and no alarms are populated in the alarm list. I am lost with this. Can you think of what I could be missing? The tags in the alarm triggers are exactly the same as in the tag editor. All tags seem to be working but wont alarm???

Can you post your triggers and what kind of PLC they are pointed at? The syntax is a bit.. odd. I ran into an issue where it compiled fine w/ no errors and refused to read any alarm bits myself. I was missing a couple [] iirc.