How to inhibiti nodes on DeviceNet network

spaderkung

Hello

I believe there is a way to inhibit nodes (1734-ADN's) on the configured network in RSNetworx without having to remove the nodes from either the master network or in the PLC UDT's where absolute adresses need to be intact. (ControLogix). But I can't seem to find it.

The idea is to keep the master network with the 1769-SDN and all its subnetworks (1734-ADN) intact and just disable the nodes if they are not used in the current delivery.

/J

If you are using a 1756-DNB with firmware that supports "online scanlist changes at runtime", you can just open the Scanner configuration applet while online with RSNetworx for DeviceNet and un-check the "Node Active" checkbox in each device's entry in the Scanlist pane. The node's I/O connection with the scanner will be closed immediately.

If your scanner doesn't support "Online Scanlist Changes at Runtime", you will have to place the Scanner into Idle mode to make the change.

If you really want to get fancy, you can use MSG instructions in the Logix 5000 control program to programmatically disable the Scanlist entries.