SLC I/O to Compactlogix I/O?

Dravik

Quick question:

At home atm, Will be calling into AB tomorrow but perhaps someone knows offhand.

Spec'ing out a replacement for a SLC 5/03 system w/ 7 I/O cards. Some 1746-IB16, and OB16 modules.

Is there a cable whip or adapter plate so from the SLC I/O cards to the Compactlogix I/O cards? Would save a lot of time if we didn't have to rewire each card.

- Dravik

CompactLogix uses the same I/O cards as the Micrologix 1500 if I remember right. So probably not.

Though I'm sure there is a way to setup your SLC 5/03 as a kind of remote I/O for your CompactLogix to use. But that would probably defeat the purpose of your upgrade.

I don't think you'll find exactly what you're asking about. There is a bolt-in 1771/1756 adapter kit, but I have not seen one for 1746/1769.

You might be able to save half the time by using one of the Bulletin 1492 products, with a pre-wired cable on a 1769 type removable terminal block, or use the field interface module (IFMs) instead of wiring directly to the CompactLogix I/O blocks.

For a system this size I don't think they time savings will justify the hardware, but you can certainly have a look.

http://www.ab.com/industrialcontrol...ocks_and_wiring/wiring/digital_interface.html

I cannot think of a way to use 1746 series I/O as remote I/O for a CompactLogix. You can use RIO and the 1747-ASB adapter when the master PLC is a ControlLogix, but CompactLogix has no RIO scanner, and there are no ControlNet, EtherNet/IP, or DeviceNet adapters that can both run an SLC chassis themselves (without a CPU) and be controlled by a CompactLogix.