RSLogix 5 Emulator

echos

Does anyone know where I can get a link to download this, the reason im asking is i found a link in this forum for RSLogix Emulate500 and it works for free on SLCs but i cannot open native .RSP with it. Does anyone know if or where i can get RSLogix5 Emulate the same way. Thanks EH.

ok thank you, do you know if i can download it and purchase license for personal use without going through a distributor, or do i need to be in a company to use this

ok thank you, do you know if i can download it and purchase license for personal use without going through a distributor, or do i need to be in a company to use this

Sure you can, but you may get it cheaper from a distributor.

5emulate.jpg

no offense, but something about the way you've phrased your question makes me think that you might be confusing the "Emulator" software with RSLogix5 - which is the software needed to program a PLC-5 system ...

specific question: do you already have a working copy of RSLogix5 available? ... if you don't, then the Emulator isn't probably going to do you much good - since you'll need a copy of RSLogix5 to program the Emulator ...

basic idea: the Emulator is a software package that you run on your personal computer - to make the computer "pretend" that it's an actual PLC ...

suggestion: tell us everything that you have on hand - and what you're trying to accomplish ... we'll be glad to help you put the pieces of the puzzle together ...

Hi thanks for all replys, no i have working copy of RSLogix 5 programming software but since i found a free version of Emulate 500 for SLCs i figured there would be a similar version for PLC5s. As i said i just want it for my personal use, thanks again guys

if you've got RSLogix5 - then you probably have RSLinx also ... double-check your CDs ... sometimes the emulator is included as part of a package ...