FTView

gajakulkarni

Hi,
I am new to FTView. Today I installed FTView SE 5.0 on my computer and after sucessful installation i received message that licence will exipire after 7 days.
When I tried to open the project I received message failed to open HMI project error e6f30c. I checked .lic file in activation folder. it is there. finally I noticed that in Factory Talk Activation tool Activation server (Imgrd.exe)has not been installed as a windows service. And also Start ,Stop and Path Tabs are not highlited. Pl. help me to over come this

This maybe a stupid question but have you shut down and rebooted your computer since you installed the software.

The seven days means your Factory Talk licence is missing or has not been activated.

You are aware that you need to contact Rockwell in order to activate the software, the licence they will supply is attached to a dongle or a comms card or the hard drive.

I should know this one but.... it also may depend on the type of activation and if you have the activation server installed...
What type of activation, node locked or concurrent and did you install the FactoryTalk Activation Server?

What type of activation, node locked or concurrent and did you install the FactoryTalk Activation Server?

We have only one pc. it is not taken on network. we do not have server client architecture
and regarding type of activation i am not aware.

Did you get an activation from RA and place it in the folder that the activation tool is pointed to? I think it is on the last tab of the activation tool..Setting Tab I think.
What type of activation do you have?
Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the FactoryTalk Activation Tool..Also, I believe they have a new Activation Tool out but you can check with RA on this.

I just check..is this a local application and if so you need to install the activation server but the default during the software install is for a client install which I don't think will work.

Hope this helps

Yes available ctivation is shown in the path. Also i have reinstalled the software. Same software with same default setting is working in my friend pc.

We have only one pc. it is not taken on network. we do not have server client architecture
and regarding type of activation i am not aware.

If your PC is not on a network, what did you do to bring the licence onto your PC, like collecting necessary data from your PC, then after you made contact with Rockwell to get the licence that will attach to your PC, what action did you take.

If you are not aware of your type of activation, then you probably have not followed the correct method for activating your software.

Your friends LIC file will not work on your PC, as it is registered to only work on his PC and is capable of knowing they are different PC's.

And it will operate for a 7 day grace period without an activation and then stop.

If your PC is not on a network, what did you do to bring the licence onto your PC, like collecting necessary data from your PC, then after you made contact with Rockwell to get the licence that will attach to your PC, what action did you take.

If you are not aware of your type of activation, then you probably have not followed the correct method for activating your software.

Your friends LIC file will not work on your PC, as it is registered to only work on his PC and is capable of knowing they are different PC's.

You can re-host the license using the web, and then have it re-issued for use on your PC. The license file is just a text file, but it contains encrypted code that locks it to your PC ethernet card MAC ID or hard drive serial number, so you have to provide that information when you re-host the license. Their website for doing this will find those number for you, you just choose how you want it to be node locked.

I would definitely call RA if you have problems understanding this process, or if you want a different type of license, like a dongle or concurrent.

The Factory Talk license software will need to be installed, even if it's a standalone machine. (Not sure which parts, but the install instructions should guide you).

Also, when everything is working as it should be, there can be timing issues between starting FTVStudio, and FT License getting going. Sometimes I see a warning about a missing license, and a few seconds (or minutes) later I see a message indicating that the license was found.

Look under Rockwell Software, Factory Talk Diagnostics too. There is a log of all Factory Talk activity there which will tell you more about what is going on with all your rockwell FT licensed products.

As for the error opening the apa file? That's a whole 'nuther thread, and may have nothing to do with the license issue.

The activation (license) comes is a red envelope, in that paper you can read ( serial number & software part number) whay kind of activation you have, then you have to run FTAS ( factory talk activation server). FTAS program is located inside FTSE CD, I know it`s there I ran it the other day.

Last edited: