Panelview DH+ to RS-232?

Old No. 7

I have a DH+ Panelview Standard that I need to connect to a SLC 5/05. Is there a way to convert from the RS-232 port on the SLC to DH+ (or Ethernet to DH+)?

I really don't want to have to replace all the Panelviews.

Do you already have SLC 5/05 talking to the panelviews?

I all your looking for is connectivity to the 5/04 processors, install a controllogix bridge. What this would consist of is a controllogix power supply, 4 slot rack, 1756-ENBT(ethernet card), and a 1756-DHRIO(DH+ card).

You can then get to all your processors on the DH+ network. With proper configuration, you can even message to the different processors thru the bridge. You cannot however download/upload to the panelviews. PanelBuilder 32 does not allow it.

This would be a less expensive solution than changing out all the processors.

This is on five different pieces of equipment. All had Panelview Standards and SLC 5/04. We are updating the processors to 5/05's and adding a remote Panelview Plus. I thought (incorrectly) that we could communicate RS-232 from the 5/05 to the Panelview Standard, so now I'm hoping there is a converter to do this.

Anyone have experience with the DataLink DL3500?

http://www.protocolconverter.com/products/dl3500dh+df1.htm