Alarm Acknowledgement MP277 HMI

JiNCs

Hey folks!

I'm having a time using WiccFlex 2008 SP1 HF2 to set up alarms. My issue is acknowledgement of the alarm. I get the small alarm icon that I think should be used for acknowledgement but it does not acknowledge the alarm. Instead it locks the screen and I have no navigation. If I remove the alarm from the discrete alarms list and there is no alarm all is fine

I have searched Wicc flex 2008, its help screen and its manual but cannot find any reference other than it should work. I'm sure its there and I just can't find.

For what seems to be such a simple thing is there anyone who can help with this?

b.

Any chance you read the manual?
There's a complete section on what your trying to do

Thanks PLC.

I have pdf HMI_MP_277 and WinCC flex 2008 compact. Have read section9 of the 277 and section 6.1 thru 6.13 of the flex manual.

Do I have the correct one ... the one you speak of?

n.

Also PLC I've been using WinCC flex. If you hold mouse on an object/item/block/space you want to know about long enough it will automatically give help specific to where your mouse is. That is sometimes pretty detailed info but I have yet to see 'HOW TO' enable the mouse icon for acknowledgement.

I also have been back to the web looking to see if there are any other manuals I should have.

JiNCs

Think I may have figured out my issue. If you open the template screen properties and click on view all you will see the templates for all screens. Screens may be set up to use the objects shown there. These configurations apply to all screens. One of them is the alarms indicator.

In my system, under events the indicator was set up to show the alarms page on ‘click’ and ‘click when flashing.’ Think this caused a loop of displaying the alarms page. Deleted. Will have to verify to be sure. Will post when I do.

At any rate it appears that you cannot use the alarm indicator to acknowledge alarms only to open the alarms page . . . but at least ‘how to’ set it up is known.

PLC . . .

I'm curious; trying to stay professional but . . . I have posted on PLC talk 15 times since 2007. I believe I try as much as most, possibly more than others.

Any reason why you think I would not have read or tried as everyone else does? I spend a lot of time, both at work and the job before I ever post on this great site. Is there some reason you think i just want to live off the work of others?

I mention because it gives others the impression that I do.

JiNCs

At any rate it appears that you cannot use the alarm indicator to acknowledge alarms only to open the alarms page
That wouldnt make sense anyway. It wouldnt be proper if you could acknowledge an alarm without knowing what you were acknowledging.
So you need an alarm view or an alarm banner anyway. The message indicator alone will not be enough.

Thanks JeesperMP.

I had an alarm screen and I was able to add the acknowledge button in the alarm window but somehow it did not show up when downloaded to the HMI. I was also having other issues with string warnings when compiling that would not show when you click on the warnings. Tried Deleting Temp Files as well.

Final solution was an upgrade from 2008 SP1 HF2 to 2008 SP2. Cleared my compile errors and the acknowledge button in the alarm screen showed itself on the HMI. Perhaps I tried an arrangment that clogged SP1.

The patience and assistance with a learner is appreciated!

JiNCs