MSG from contrologix to SLC5/04 by serial port?

wilsonzhu

Hi,

I try to test if it's possibe to program MSG read and write in Controllogix serial port to SLC5/04 serial port, I chang controllogix serial port to DH485, and both Serial LED is blinking. it seems they are talk. but the MSG has error message. If anyone know how to set MSG communication path(by now it set as CIP and path is 1,0),both processor is in slot 0. any input is appreciated!.​

The CIP Path should be "2, x" where X is the DH485 node number of the SLC-5/04 controller.

The message type should be SLC Typed Read or SLC Typed Write.

The MSG Help file in RSLogix 5000 has a good explanation of the "Port, Address" syntax for CIP Messaging.

Have you mapped the data in your ControlLogix in the SLC/PLC5 mapping?
And is it in the right data-type?

I've had the same kind of trouble before, the MSG error's where talking about the wrong path, but the mapped data-types where wrong.

Jack