WinCC Flex/S7-315 Alarms

smakdown61

I'm trying to figure out the best way to use the built in Alarm window in WinCC Flex and incorporating it into my PLC project. Usually with my AB project, I assign each alarm a different number and FactoryTalk allows me to setup alarm triggers based on these numbers.

With WinCC Flex, it forces me to make the alarm trigger tag an integer, which would be fine if it was actually looking for a number, but instead it wants a "trigger bit" for each alarm. What is the best way to do alarm (will probably have at least 50 or so) with Siemens?

you assign one bit of your alarm word to each message, just create enough Alarm words to cover your needs plus a few spare words

you assign one bit of your alarm word to each message, just create enough Alarm words to cover your needs plus a few spare words

So I have to turn each individual bit in the alarm word on for each alarm in order to trigger a message?

You can use SFC18 Alarm_S to trigger alarms in WinCC flexible. All alarmhandling is done in your plc program, alarmtexts, triggering, alarm class etc.

Pdiag

PDIAG, much easier. You don't have to be an S7 guru.
Just right click on a bit in your program and configure an alarm message + delay if you want, so no more timers to use either. The text is send to the panel, Alarm_S, so no double work, no text to configure in WinCC Flex, just an alarm window will do. You can manage all alarms you've made in the PDIAG tool.

I've used it several times,

Regards,
Gerry

This manual is in Swedish but it has as lot of pictures showing how the configuration shall be done.

http://weborder.siemens.se/Item/UploadFiles/1566/Alarm_S i S7-300_5_3_3_0.pdf