FTView 6.00 Is up on Rockwells site

rdrast

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm downloading it now, and preparing a new VM to install it to.

I'm seriously hoping this fixes at least a few of the major, show-stopper problems of 5.10.xx SR2 + 3 gazillion patches, but my hopes aren't all that high.

I've downloaded it and installed it on a XP VM. Hsven't spent a lot of time with it yet. It doesn't seem much different than 5.1 except for the inclusion of Symbol Factory and support for newer operating systems.

I'm downloading it now, and preparing a new VM to install it to.

I'm seriously hoping this fixes at least a few of the major, show-stopper problems of 5.10.xx SR2 + 3 gazillion patches, but my hopes aren't all that high.
5.0 was supposed to fix the major bugs, so I'll wait for feedback from you guys before I touch the newest one...I am staying away from the bleeding edge this time.

If I understood them at tech-ed, the PV+6.0 terminals are supposed to be different. Different enough that they you cannot firmware upgrade current ones to 6.0.

We got to play around with them and they looked like the full CE terminals where you have access to the CE desktop and such.

The PV+ terminals are all-new hardware and a new version of Windows CE. The main goals for the PV+ box were better overall performance, a boost for the Silverlight/ViewPoint web server, and an update of external hardware drivers (the USB printer drivers, for example, were getting pretty old).

I know a guy (a Microsoft veteran) who is joining the PV+ testing group so I'm going to lean on him for juicy tidbits.

The feature I am most interested in is the redundant RSLinx Enterprise Alarm & Events Clients. I intend to test everything with Windows Server 2003 running on VMWare ESXi.

Last edited:
I've installed it on W7 32 bit, but have no time for testing, but have to do for a project the next weeks.

Remember to extract the file, and choose the option "run as administrator", otherwise you get a error message, like I had.

Regards,

Jack

I bit the bullet (since the 5.10 CPR9 SR2 installation) was fubar'ed on one line, with no hope of a fix, and installed 6.00 (CPR9 SR3) on it. The install actually went well, and fixed at least one problem.

The server is on Windows 2008 Server (32 bit), and Studio still crashes hard every time you try to start it on the server machine, but at least I can now edit the application remotely with Studio on a remote VM.

I don't know what other surprises might be in store, as I was able to edit this once in a blue moon with CPR9 SR2, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.