Altvar 21 Drive Questions

mrtweaver

We have an Altivar 21 Drive. I have written to SQD but they are sometimes more slugish to respond than the fine folks on this forum.

What I am trying to do is connect to the drive using KepServer to poll data and place on our SCADA system.

The first main question I have is: If you use their software for commissioning called PCSoft you need to have the RS485/RS232 convertor cable between the drive and the PC. Will I still require such adapter to use KepServer to connect to the drive?

BTW the drive only had the serial based RJ45 port on it.

The next question is in one section of the manual it makes it seem like the end user only has 5 locations that they can use F875 - F879. But in another section is makes it seem as though you can poll any of the information because they all have modbus address. So which is right?

Any help on this greatly appreciate. Thanks and have a great day.