Connecting SLC 5/05 to DH+

The Plc Kid

Guys

What is the best way to connect a SLC 5/05 to a DH+ network?

What is the best way to control some more 1746 I/O via RIO from this SLC 5/05? Can it be done?

Anyone ever used this http://mediaii.com/OLDI_Updates_7_09/pdfs/ON0640_SLC_1.pdf

I have the rio I/O part covered now i just need to get this 5/05 processor on the dh+ network for program access and data collection.

I've never seen that device, but your last sentence above sounds a bit backward.

Wouldn't you want to get your DH+ device(s) on ethernet for data gathering? I guess that depends on the machine that's doing the collection.

I would go with the Controllogix gateway (since you want the best method). That's the best way I'm familiar with.

There is a data collection pc that runs some custom data colletion software that we had made some years ago. The pc has a DH+ ISA card in it.

There are 12 plc's on this DH+ network and we had to replace the GV 3000 reliance drives that were on dnet and add a new pv + so we put the 5/05 in to hadle the PV + and we put 755 drives in on dnet. There is a seperate ethernet based data collection system for this one machine that also uses the 5/05.

Now they come up and want to reconnect it back to the old system in addition to having the new system. I was looking for maybe a module that is 1746 based and could go in the chasis and give me a DH+ connection so i could connect back to the old system also.

I could do a clx chasis and make a gateway which would be DH+ reading ethernet messages and it normally is done the other way around. I am not sure it will work? has anyone ever done this? There is no room in the control cabinet for a clx gate way so that would mean adding a seperate enclosure which we can do but i would prefer not to if there is another method?

Could you change the processor back to a 5/04 and use a NET-ENI to connect to the PV+? Would allow you to use the old data collection system, and if you place a CLX gateway anywhere on the DH+ network, that would allow ethernet connectivity to it.

The old proprietary data collection system cannot be updated to work over ethernet ?
If the old data collection system isnt possible to maintain, I interpret it as a dead end that you will have to navigate out of sooner or later. Better sooner than later.