quickpanel jr 5" uploading

lacruth

Hello everyone!!

We have several touch screens quickpanel jr.(8),one of them was broken and I haven't the programming software, Could someone link to me a copy? all I need is to make a backup of e/a.

thanks

You can purchase this software from your local GEIP dealer. Look on www.ge-ip.com for one near you.
There is a 50% chance that it can not be uploaded from the unit, hopefully you have a copy of the project.
Also you can use a demo CD of GEIP's Proficy ME which will run unobstructed for 4 days to do this.

Last edited:
thanks a lot, yes I tried with the demo software but I read the message "the project was not saved into panel", so, i think it will be difficult to get a copy.

but I read the message "the project was not saved into panel"

That's it, there is nothing more you can do. Whoever had downloaded this application to the HMI, chose not to download the source project with it. Therefore, you will not be able to upload it back, no matter wether you have the software or not.

You can still buy a copy of the programming software and try to re-create the screens from scratch. Or, better yet, see if you can get the source project from the machine builder...

Or, since you're redoing the screens anyway, convert to something you can more easily deal with. That's what we're doing with our QP's...

The software is very inexpensive. If you have to buy the cable, now you're talking about a lot of money. I had to purchase both about 5 months ago.

it really ****es me off when someone doesnt save to the panel, but sometimes the project is too big to save on the panel also.... so its not always someones fault.

I also wonder about those from plants who wait until something breaks befre thinking about proper software and backups. That should be done as soon as a plant receives any programmable equipment.

Yup - that's the problem. Though it was available, the default is to NOT upload the project files. So, though you didn't intend for it to happen that way, you just simply didn't know you were setting yourself up for future problems. And if you don't have access to the original PC files, you're really done...

Yes I know

the real problem here is I Have the cable and the software but I have not access to the sources files, because they weren't saved into panel!!
so I'm trying to re-program all function in another hmi, no other way!!!

thanks

Yes I know

the real problem here is I Have the cable and the software but I have not access to the sources files, because they weren't saved into panel!!
so I'm trying to re-program all function in another hmi, no other way!!!

thanks

I'm not all that smart and it only took a little while to program the QP, you shouldn't have any problem there. If you don't have a manual let me know, I can post it here.

Oh yes I know but the original HMI was damaged and it was obsoleted, So if we need to buy another one, I preffer something most popular, maybe omron, because I've experience on that, and we have software and interfaces.
And yes I have the quickdesigner manual but thanks!!!