Modbus TCP/IP with Siemens S7-400 ?

DS

D
Can someone tell me about a solution to communicate on Ethernet, with Modbus TCP/IP protocol, between a S7-400 PLC from SIEMENS and seven or more other PLC's that support this protocol (these are PREMIUM TSX PLC's from SCHNEIDER/TELEMECANIQUE) ?

It seems that Modbus TCP/IP is not supported by Siemens PLC's at this time.

DS

S7 doesn't and probably never will support Modbus TCP.

Maybe there are some protocol converters allready out there.

If not, a solution could be to set up "gateway" PC.
On the PC you would need to have a SIMATIC NET OPC server, A Modbus TCP OPC server, and an OPC client that transfers data back and forth between the two servers.

Similar Topics

Hello All, For S7-400H system, can we make this redundant PLC (connected to one uplink switch) to communicate simultaneously with 3rd party HMI...
Replies
Views
I have a system with an ET200SP controlling a Profinet network already pre-established. Am I correct in that I can add a Modbus TCP/IP node and...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I am not very familiar with the Siemens architecture however, I was looking into a possible application. The current Siemens PLC is...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have a closed loop stepper motor (Nanotec make), https://en.nanotec.com/products/2512-pd4-e601l42-e-65-4. This uses MODBUS TCP for...
Replies
Views
Hello; i'm having some troubles with a com test i'm handling. i have another end for it, but for now i would like to have : M241 in io_scanning...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom