Ethernet EGD vs Tcp/ip

Tracteur

Someone enlight me with the industrial ethernet communication.
I've never found a clear information about who can talk to who. Does ethernet EGD, on a RX3I can talk witout any problem with something talking TCP/IP like the ABB (ACS800)drive i've talked in a previous post or with anoter PLC using ethernet TCP/IP.

Thks in advance

With the appropriate options, the RX3i and ABB can both speak Modbus TCP over Ethernet. You use COMMREQ's on the RX3i to talk to the ABB. Google 'rx3i modbus tcp' for more information

Similar Topics

After reading through some older threads and checking out my old friend GFK-2224, it sounds like an RX3i CPU can talk Modbus TCP, this much I'm...
Replies
Views
EGD timeout issue with a RX7i. Does anyone have any insight into how to eliminate the following alarm: 7: Data after refresh timeout. The data...
Replies
Views
Hello guys i'm working with an s7 1200 plc with an ET 200S expansion module. The problem is that i can't find the plc when searching in the...
Replies
Views
Hello I have a s7-1200 and I would like to read the tags present in this controller with my controllogix controller. The two controllers don't use...
Replies
Views
Can we use a Simotion D455 ethernet port x127 as a gate, to access S7-1500 plc Tia Portal program ? In the Simatic manager, we used Netpro to do...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom