Vijeo Citect - Troubleshoot #***

ongzy

At a field where I suppose to fill in set point value, the display has become #***. It was ok previously, value can be input from keyboard where the display is 0.00

What could be the causes?

Without reading the manual, my first guess would be the number is too large for the display. Other HMIs display #### or **** or some combination when a number is too big.

The field may be set to a width of 4, and the number 0.00 can be displayed, but say... 10.00 cannot. (The ones I've dealt with counted the decimal point).

It is not spam, the system is having a problem assigning a value to the set point. This could be a problem with some underlying Cicode, an error on the SuperGenie, or something similar. From the Citect help file for the A S S statememt:
You must call this function once for every Super Genie substitution string in the Super Genie, otherwise the variable (substitution string) will remain uninitialized and it will be displayed as # A S S

Last edited:
So, what should I do to get it initialize so that I can key in some value to do the testing?

The function used is
?6? = HIS_FormNumPad("Motor Speed",?6?)

A colleague told me it's because of no external device connected, therefore its display is # A S S and that we can do testing by linking it with unity pro but he had never tried that before, how true is it?

?6? = HIS_FormNumPad("Motor Speed",?6?)

This is supergenie syntax.

# A S S means a supergiene has not been able to substitute its tag properly, there is not enough information in your post to diagnose exactly what the problem is.

Thanks for the info.

It worked well initially. I hardly alter anything essential but it suddenly turned out like this. Thus I restored the backup file but the problem isn't resolve anyway.

The cicode file is as attached.

I hardly alter anything essential.....

What did you change ?

I haven't got time to look at the code in detail but it sounds like you changed something somewhere, did you change any tag names or the local variable names in the function ?

Like i said, the supergenie substitution is messed up so it cant find the tag that you are passing to the page.

Even if I did, the back-up restore should have render everything back to the initial state but still, I can't have it show 0.00 in the text input.

If shows # A S S and can't be clicked to enter set point value.

Even if I did, the back-up restore should have render everything back to the initial state but still, I can't have it show 0.00 in the text input..

I dont know your setup, so its hard to tell, is the function in an include project and you haven't restored that maybe ?

Did you check the clear destination check box when you restored the project, it sometimes does not overwrite certain files properly.

If shows # A S S and can't be clicked to enter set point value.

Correct, if it shows # A S S its not going to work.

Double check your code and check the tags being called for by the supergenie actually exist.

There is no include project.
Restored the first time the same way it was ok.

Will try to check the code.
Normally what could be the mistake?
Am a very new user to vijeo citect.

The ?6? refers to 6th association that you have somewhere in Cicode. This line sets up association 6. p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; } [FONT=Courier New, monospace]***[/FONT][FONT=Courier New, monospace](-[/FONT][FONT=Courier New, monospace]2[/FONT][FONT=Courier New, monospace],[/FONT][FONT=Courier New, monospace] [/FONT][FONT=Courier New, monospace]6[/FONT][FONT=Courier New, monospace],[/FONT][FONT=Courier New, monospace] sTag6[/FONT][FONT=Courier New, monospace],[/FONT][FONT=Courier New, monospace] [/FONT][FONT=Courier New, monospace]0[/FONT][FONT=Courier New, monospace])[/FONT][FONT=Courier New, monospace];[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]Somewhere in your cicode you will need to have put a valid tagname into sTag6. If there are any problems with this tag you will get and *** error. Find out what is in sTag6 and make sure you have a variable tag that matches this EXACTLY.
[/FONT]

Thanks everyone.
Problem has been resolved.

Solution:
Re-install vijeo citect.

Suspected Problem:
Environment reliability.
I was using VMWave, a program similar to virtual PC.

Further Clarification:
I could have alter settings for vijeo citect. Not too sure though. Or might be the instability of VMWave to render the project.

Thanks everyone.
Problem has been resolved.

Solution:
Re-install vijeo citect.

Suspected Problem:
Environment reliability.
I was using VMWave, a program similar to virtual PC.

Further Clarification:
I could have alter settings for vijeo citect. Not too sure though. Or might be the instability of VMWave to render the project.

:whistle: Thats why its always worth metioning your exact test setup at first !

I could have told you the cirtual machine would be a bit flakey with Citect !