1746-HSCE Physical Outputs

Todd T

Hello All,

I am working with a SLC 5/05 and a 1746-HSCE card. In the program, I am using all four physical outputs. The outputs are illuminating the channel LEDs, but I am not getting voltage on the channel. I have a 24 VDC coming from the SLC Power Supply. I verified voltage on +VDC and COM. Also, SW2 is set to all off.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Todd

I don't know what kind of outputs the 1746-HSCE have... but first check voltage with no devices conected at all to ensure that there is no voltage drop of a device. If the output is solid state you may want to add a load to check for voltages.

Hope it will help.

They're transistors if I recall correctly, and it's also possible to disable control from PLC code, so the SLC program can "hand-off" control of the outputs to the HSCE card configuration, and can also take control, so you need to be able to view the pertinent register bit (Map it to HMI if possible in the future).

I'll have to defer to others for the exact location in the HSCE config word(s). I am on a limited data plan, and I don't have that manual saved...but on the bright side, it's 3G now (Yay, Wireless Extenders!)

Thanks for the replies. I over looked the answer that was in front of me. Perhaps this can help someone in the future. The four outputs are sinking. I am controlling 24VDC relays with them. The relays would not energize and the voltage on the open output was 0 VDC, as it was supposed to be as the sinking output opens the circuit to ground (or DC COM). I hooked up +24 VDC on the B side of the coils and my outputs on A, and wouldn't you know, everything began working. Sometimes one step back isn't enough, so two worked. Thanks again.