Data Overwrite

Gozzard

I have an issue with a PV+600 and ML1500(LRP-C) lossing data during a run. The data resides in N100:0 - 99. This data is the captured downtime events and time in seconds the operator selects before returing to run mode. The N100 file is new to the original program so this should eliminate any possibility of resident code causing the issue. I suspect that the PV+ is the source of the problem but am struggling where to look for help. The data appears to be solid for about an hour of run time but then mysteriously is reset back to zeros. Any suggestions?

Post your Ml1500's program if you can ( the .RSS file zip it first)

I am not a PV+ user so someone else will have to comment on that.

Welcome to the forum...
And if you can post the PV+ .apa along with your RSLogix500 file I or someone else could maybe take a look at it also.

Unfortuanately, I cannot do it during a production run. However, I am performing an integrity test over the weekend with the machinery powered up but not running. I have populated the fields and expect to find no change. If so, I intended to create a debug routine for triggering the scale dump signal and allowing the machine to cycle in run mode for a few hours to see if the data changes. I think i have a work around which is making the N100 file protetced and local to the SBR 'Metrics' and minor code tweaks. I think this would be the fastest way to confirm my thoughts. I will have to check with our policies about posting code.

WAG..Since the N100 is new to the original, any chance there is an EPROM installed and it is overwriting it from a power cycle or a fault?
This assumes the program was stored to the EPROM but without any data.
Again, just a WAG and good luck.

WAG..Since the N100 is new to the original, any chance there is an EPROM installed and it is overwriting it from a power cycle or a fault?
This assumes the program was stored to the EPROM but without any data.
Again, just a WAG and good luck.

Bob,
I wish it were as simple as that one but unfortunately there is no EEPROM installed. Thanks for the suggestion though. I have confirmed my thoughts, the data was unchanged over the weekend which narrows it to a runtime issue and/or a comms issue with the PV+600 overwritting my data.

It has been a while since I have had to mess with a PV+, but if I remember correctly, there is a checkbox in the object properties that gives you the option of a default value or the present value to be used when starting runtime file.

Sorry I can't be more specific, I am at home and don't have software available to me right now.