Interface Sixnet VT Modem with 1761-net-eni

pembry

I have two location. Location 1 has a VT-Modem-1 connected to a MLGX 1200. Confirmed to be working by connecting from offsite locatoin.

Second location has a VT-Modem-2 which connects serially to a 1761-NET-ENI.

The second location has a current Ethernet I/P network. The equipment we want to interface information from the 1200 to is located in a differnet building from the main processor.

The goal is to be able to message from the 1200 to an Ethernet I/P device through the modem connection.

I can not get the ENI to connect. I have confirmed that my modem at location 2 is connecting as I can connect my PC serially through the modem and go online with the processor.

I have tried:

PCM02 cable direct
PCM02 cable w/ Null Modem
Straight through cable
Straigh cable w/ null modem.

Buad rate and serial settings confirmed in both the ENI and the modem to be 19200,8,n,1

Cable is Din pin 4 to DB9 pin 3, din pin 7 to DB9 pin 4, din pin 8 to DB9 pin 5

Have switched 3/4 on this connection as well.

Any ideas. I think this is possible if I can just get the right cable. Has anyone done this or something similliar?

Thanks,

Pat