Omron Dongle problems

Billy_the_Kid

B
I am working at a plant wher the operators accidently broke the dongle for the p.c that is controling the plant. I have ordered a new runtime that will have a new dongle, but in the meantime (next day or two) we have no production. Is there any way a person can bypass this thing temporarily or am I screwed for the next two days. Can a guy biuld one?

The first thing most programmers do in their program is to check first to see if the dongle is attached. If it is not, they disallow any communications with the processors.

My only suggestion would be to call whoever made the program and see if they have a backdoor into the program.

Also how bad was the dongle damaged, you made be able to solder it.

I tried to solder it but it didn't work its pretty damaged and i am wondering if their is any kind of chip or something that is broken

Since most software developers that are using dongles buy the dongle feature from a known standard there is a chance that you can find a program that can simulates the dongle on the net. Hasp for example is a standard that many companies use. Brainstudio has made a nice tool called hasp emulator. But you have to know which standard your dongle use. If its hasp i think the error message that indicates that the program cant run says somthing about hasp error. If its hasp and you cant find the program on the net post your email and i mail it to you.

Which Omron software package are you refering too? If you are talking about Syswin, license numbers are now available (consult Omron).

If you are refering to CX Supervisor, you may be in a bit of trouble.

Ask Omron for a loan item!!

Hope this helps!

I don't mean to sound stupid, but what is a "dongle ? Am I correct in assuming that it is a key plugged into the parallel or serial port? :(
David bonkhead beerchug

Dongle is a hardware version of licence or activation. It is
"plug" or "cartridge" or "key" that is attached to system
(usually LPT or COM port). When dongle is removed, system
refuses to run. When PC is dead, you install software on
any other system (PC) but in order for it to run you will
have to take dongle from the old machine and attach to new one.

Thanks Panic, I'd just never heard a key called a dongle before!!!!

Almost sound like something that might kick you in the outback of Austrialia!!!

David beerchug

Thanks Eric!!!!...and i still think it's something that will bite your backside if you are not careful in the land down under...

David

beerchug

BTW...the Killien dispenser is now working just right, stop down sometime!!!

Yes I am Pritty sure i can help you out. Just mail me at [email protected].

Bye
Billy_the_Kid said:
I am working at a plant wher the operators accidently broke the dongle for the p.c that is controling the plant. I have ordered a new runtime that will have a new dongle, but in the meantime (next day or two) we have no production. Is there any way a person can bypass this thing temporarily or am I screwed for the next two days. Can a guy biuld one?

Another hack link from this guy on an old thread. It is illegal - it is theft!