Data registers

Imagine, you have an Inspection system(say at station #1) on a conveyor line which consists of many stations(station #12, Station #27 etc.) performing many activities based on the inspected results.

How do you the PLC convey the inspection results to the following stations?

You load Shift/Data register with the inspected results and shift the data from station to station along the conveyor movement. Thus each station can pick the required data and process the necessary actions required.

Hope this help you. Altough shift registers work same way in all PLC's, but the instruction set varies PLC to PLC. So read the manual for more info on how to apply them.

We scan various sizes and lengths of dimensional lumber (2x4s, 2x6s, etc) and then kick them into differnet bins to sort them out. We shift the information of each scanned board using an encoder and when the data reaches the right "zone" on the chain, the kicker kicks the board in...