S7-300 ob35

maclood

I have just returned to siemens from a long stint on Allen Bradley and I have a quick question.

I am modifying a running plant and can't afford to make a mistake. I need to modify OB35 PID loops, adding some 'temp' words. Can someone just confirm that this is ok to do alone and that I don't need to update and download any other OB, FC, or DB.

I have just returned to siemens from a long stint on Allen Bradley and I have a quick question.

I am modifying a running plant and can't afford to make a mistake. I need to modify OB35 PID loops, adding some 'temp' words. Can someone just confirm that this is ok to do alone and that I don't need to update and download any other OB, FC, or DB.

It's not a problem to add some Temp Vars in the OB35 header.
Upload it while the machine is running and everything should be fine.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help. It gets confusing when your customers all use different equipment and there are only two software engineers.