Adapter to mount S7-300 on 35mm DIN rail.

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I thought I could easily find a previous thread where someone had used an adapter to mount an S7-300 CPU on a standrd 35 mm DIN rail, in stead of the special alu rail. But not so. Searched and couldnt find anything. Searced the web, and couldnt find anything.

We have an application where we just have the narrow CPU, and the smallest S7-300 alu rail takes up too much space.

Anyone knows ?

:rolleyes: The idea never came to my mind.

It is only the narrow CPU that has to be installed on a DIN rail. Thats why it seems excessive to go through having to get the special alu rail and to have to cut it.

I have it from another guy that tried that it does NOT fit an S7-300 CPU.
It is irritating, because it shows us that must be possible.
One thing is that on the normal rail the earth connection is via the alu backplane. But somehow that must be solvable.