Bottle Line Simulation

CENess

Hi, I am currently enrolled in Electrical Technology and we are currently studing PLCs and I am on the Bottle Line Simulator. I pulled a successful simulation from the downloads section, but I dont want to use it, I want to understand how it works.

In the first exercise it wants you to drop the large bottles, can anyone explain how you chose the Bit B3:4/5

untitled-3.jpg

This is the logic I currently have, I would be interested to learn how the Bit was exacatly chosen.

When you click on run mode, Go to data table. In the data table you will see a tab "TABLE" in which 0: Output would be selected. So select "B: Binary" in that Tab. Now you will be able to see the contents of B3:4 word (which is used to track large bottles) which would be by default all zeros.

Now while running simulation, you will see that the large bottles are detected by I:1/7. When the first large bottle is detected, it'll show "1" at B3:4/0 location. Now as this large bottle moves forward over conveyor, that "1" will also increment its location in the B3:4 bit locations.

As the first large bottle reaches the divert gate, that "1" is now at B3:5/4 location. So you must use this location to open the divert gate.