help!For USB/MPI 3.0 s7300/400

marshalllee

Hello,I have a problem and who can help me ?It's urgent.
Thanks all!

I have a USB/MPI cable and everthing is OK,I setup sofrware and connect well, ı didn see any problem but ı couldnt firmware update,and ı couldnt connect to plc any time.
And I have never use MPI cable before,so who can help me?

I have make photo attachment and pls see where is the problem?But I only can upload 5 photos so if you know the problem,pls add me skype:chinaplccable.com or e-mail me!

thanks again!!!

13122010062.jpg 13122010063.jpg 13122010064.jpg 13122010065.jpg 13122010066.jpg

I think your PLC is a VIPA, not a Siemens S7.

For connecting to a VIPA PLC via the MPI port, it uses a "green cable" with a special pinout.
Apart from that, it seems that the PLC has an etehrnet port, and I would guess you can connect to it directly via this port.

I am sure there are manuals for the VIPA cpu that describes this in details.
I am not a VIPA expert myself.

and it's appearing the MPI address for the programming pc is higher than maximum node address ot the wrong transmission rate.
When I DOWNLOAD firmware,it says is an erroe.Target is not responding.
WHEN I WANT TO CONNECT GREEN LED BLINKING BUT IT CANT CONNECT.
AND I RESEARCH AUTO DEDECT IT CANT FIND CAN I ASK YOU
IS THERE A RS232 TO USB CONVERTER IN THE CABLE.IF SO I COULDN'T SERIAL PORT with MY SIMATIC PROGRAM

I think your PLC is a VIPA, not a Siemens S7.

For connecting to a VIPA PLC via the MPI port, it uses a "green cable" with a special pinout.
Apart from that, it seems that the PLC has an etehrnet port, and I would guess you can connect to it directly via this port.

I am sure there are manuals for the VIPA cpu that describes this in details.
I am not a VIPA expert myself.

yes,I USE VIPA,but I still can connect to use original siemens cable to vipa.only different think it cable is rs 232.

If I were you I would try to connect to it via ethernet.
It says in the manual that it has this setup from the factory:
IP Address: 172.16.192.11
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

If I were you I would try to connect to it via ethernet.
It says in the manual that it has this setup from the factory:
IP Address: 172.16.192.11
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

ı can also connect with ethernet but ı need MPI cable for connect to VIPA
maybe I can change pinout by myself