fanuc series 21-m?

marq

Does anybody know how I can attach this plc to a pc that I can use pc:s memory instead of fanuc´s own memory, is this possible, what I have searched from net, seems to be possible, but I havent found any instructions how to do it(with which program and how to connect the pc)
If anybody would have any suggestions I would appreciate

marq
Contr_Conn is absoilutly wright 21m is a CNC for milling functions
please provide more details beerchug

Oh yes it´s a cnc controller, I have a mixed plc and cnc because I havent done much work with plc and cnc controllers yet(about 2 months)
so I´m a newbie.
But I would appreciate if anybody could tellme how can I attach a pc to my controller and how I can run it through my pc(using pc:s memory instead of fanuc´s memory)

I don't understand what you are trying to do. When you say 'use the PC's memory instead of Fanuc's', what do you mean?

You can 'use the PC's memory' to store your part programs and transfer them to the 21m via a serial link. I use Procomm to transfer part programs to a PowerMate H.

You can edit the ladder program using your PC. The old DOS program for doing it was called FAPT Ladder. I haven't had to do any ladder in a CNC for several years, so I don't know the name of the currently available ladder editor. Is that what you need to do?

I mean(I think ;))
How can I use pc to run the cnc machine istead of fanuc, like override fanuc, I think...
because fanuc has so little memory(can run only small part program?)
, and it is too expensive to buy extra memory for fanuc 21m(320m(eters) cost about 3000$ in finland)
Hope this makes it more clear, what I mean?

There are PC-based CNC control engines, but they are alternatives to traditional CNC controllers, not add-ons. You would probably spend more in hardware costs and time to convert from your 21m to one of them than you would to simply upgrade your 21m.

Try a google search using 'soft cnc' or 'soft plc'.

I think there is an option in some Fanuc CNCs what lets you to run programs from external storage.
This option may cost much more than extra internal part program storage. Fanuc likes to sell "options", in most cases it is just an activation of internal features.

Yes thats what I mean it can be used as external storage, like tape reader, what I want to know is what program I need to run pc as a external storage?
and can I use it on fanuc 21m

I don't know if that control can do it or not but what you want to do is DNC (direct numerical control). Most CAD/CAM software can do it or you can get DNC software. We run BobCAD/CAM software and we control a HAAS CNC mill.

<B>TOMC writes "I don't know if that control can do it or not but what you want to do is DNC (direct numerical control). Most CAD/CAM software can do it or you can get DNC software. We run BobCAD/CAM software and we control a HAAS CNC mill."</b>

I think there has been some kind of misunderstandings of this issue, but I think this is the closest match what I ment,

one program I have found(for free) it´s called yuasa terminal, but I´m not sure that this could be suitable for this kind of purpose, but anyway the manual says that it supports fanuc 21-m controller,

BTW our machine is leadwell v-40 with fanuc series 21-m controller if I havent mentioned it/if it helps

now we have managed to get forward on this issue(at last)
I made a cble between fanuc and pc, and I have two programs that I test, pronc and dnc4u.
Now we have this kind of problem, whenever we send program to cnc it replies that the program number is already in use(while it isnt, we have changed the program number many times)
at first we managed to get program from fanuc to pc, and then we sended it back to fanuc, one time it got back allright but now it reports this error, "program number allready in use"
any suggestions would help me thank you!