Red Lion Data Logger CSMSTRSX Won't Log Unless Send Datestamp

orion573

Hello everyone,

I have a water treatment skid that uses an Allen Bradley Micrologix 1500 PLC and the Red Lion data logger model CSMSTRSX. I had some headings formats changed on the logger and now when the skid is powered on, the Red Lion logger does not log until I use the Crimson software on my laptop to send the datestamp from the laptop to the logger. Then logger starts logging correctly. When the skid is powered off and back on, the datestamp needs to be resend for the logger to start logging. The PLC still functions correctly even if the logger is not logging.

The Red Lion onboard battery was changed with a fresh one as I thought that when the power is turned off the logger lost its timestamp due to an old battery. The same symptom persists with the new battery.

The format changes that were made deal with the headings of the CVS file that keeps the logs. Originally the variable name and variable unit were together in the same cell, and after the change, the variable name is now in the top cell, and the unit is in the cell below. For example, "Pressure PSI" was changed to "Pressure" and "PSI" directly below it. Now sure if this is truly the cause of the problem, but wanted to describe it in as much detail as I could.

Any thoughts on getting the Red Lion logger to not require a timestamp during each power cycle would be really appreciated. Thank you!