S5 eeprom (write)

userxyz

To write an offline program to an EEPROM... do I need an EEPROM programmer, FIELD PG, etc... to write or can I write to the EEPROM also via the PLC ? When the EEPROM is in the CPU, can I write the offline program into the plugged in EEPROM ?

Thanks in forward,
Regards,
Gerry

You can write EEPROM using filed PG but you need S5 program adapter 6ES7798-0CA00-0XA0 and another way you can write CPU program into the EEPROM using CPU RUN/STOP MEM switch but I doesn't recall the procedure. Please read manual.

If we buy a 6ES7798-0CA00-0XA0 , we can use this on standard laptops ?

It doesn't recall, what do you mean by this ?

You can write EEPROM using filed PG but you need S5 program adapter 6ES7798-0CA00-0XA0 and another way you can write CPU program into the EEPROM using CPU RUN/STOP MEM switch but I doesn't recall the procedure. Please read manual.

Last edited:
This is adapter that goes in special slot in Filed PG looks like PCMCIA slot. On this adapter you can PLUG EPROM,EEPROM and can READ WRITE using STEP5 software.But this is not standarded accesseries you have to buy it from siemens.

and fieldpg

And you need to have a Field PG ?

This is adapter that goes in special slot in Filed PG looks like PCMCIA slot. On this adapter you can PLUG EPROM,EEPROM and can READ WRITE using STEP5 software.But this is not standarded accesseries you have to buy it from siemens.