how to communicate laptop with s5 software and s5 compaitable siemens plc

amu_bgr

hi all

i have s5 licened software installed in a latest laptop with window xp operating system. this laptop does not have a serial port.how to communicate with s5 compatiable plc.

I don't think you can go online with S5 CPU without real serial port. You can try USB to SERIAL convertor.

Basic requirement is that you should have TTY converter for S5 PLC.

Best Luck

If you go on the Siemens website you'll be able to get the updates for S5 to bring it up to the 7.23 version. This version should run in 'windows' mode.

Then you should be fine.

(Even in dos, do your USB ports not work??)

If you go on the Siemens website you'll be able to get the updates for S5 to bring it up to the 7.23 version. This version should run in 'windows' mode.

Then you should be fine.

(Even in dos, do your USB ports not work??)

usb is not working in dos. thanks, i will try to upgrade it first.