Modicon A984-145

DBLD99

Im trying to convert a Modicon to a Compactlogix. Its really hard to find anything on the Instruction set of the A984. So I hope someone here could help me. I only have a .txt document no program or software.

Im stuck on a EMTH instruction, I get that it is a Extended math but not sure what function it is. On the top segement 40062 is used = with a value of 19687d and 40063 value of 17157d. Middle seg. 40144 = 16908d. And bottom seg = #0022. Also there is lines coming off all three segements with outputs. Hope this is enough information.

thank you - do you know of a document that explains the # numbers there is other EMTH instructions in the program like a #0013 or #0020

Last edited:
I have found that manual before - but nowhere in there does it same #0022 is a compare funciton or #0013 is this function. Has stated before I dont have the programmning software just a paper printout.

After looking through the program its mostly just ladder execept for EMTH functions #0013 and #0020 and #0018.
If you could help me out with those that would help thanks.

thank you very much - exactly what I was looking for just could'nt find it on that thing they call a website.

I thought I'd seen something with the function numbers, but it's been over 10 years since I worked with a Micro 984. In ProWorx 32, you can select function name or numeric display of EMTH function codes with the cryptically named checkbox "Multi Function Naming" on the Logic tab of the View Properties dialog box. Either way, the selection is only by function name. Obviously, this is no help with only a hardcopy listing.