Mitsubishi ladder help

Alfa20ad

Im having trouble with a ladder diagram with the use of the M8034 internal relay. This is getting triggered by a contact M1388 which i dont know what it is. I have investigated that M8034 disables all outputs, is their a way i can get round this and enable the outputs?

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Some questions (y)

PLC model series ?

Post the program or screen shot of the rung ?

And why do you want to get round the original program ?

I could take a guess but as i HATE mitsubishi i wont (n)

Or you could give a clearer picture of your problem ?

Failing that chuck it out and buy a decent plc :p

Im having trouble with a ladder diagram with the use of the M8034 internal relay. This is getting triggered by a contact M1388 which i dont know what it is. I have investigated that M8034 disables all outputs, is their a way i can get round this and enable the outputs?

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Explain how M8034 is getting triggered by M1388 ?

(I may have had too much red wine by now so may be barking up the wrong tree (y))

When i put the programme in monitoring mode the contact M1388 is closed energizing this relay M8034.

Im new to mitsubishi plc so dont understand the coding of the D131 K10 & D130 K10 statements.

The M8034 is linked to a GOT1000 HMI so it is having a effect on the whole system locking all the outputs.

Any help appreciated, want to get it solved by Monday.

When i put the programme in monitoring mode the contact M1388 is closed energizing this relay M8034.

Im new to mitsubishi plc so dont understand the coding of the D131 K10 & D130 K10 statements.

The M8034 is linked to a GOT1000 HMI so it is having a effect on the whole system locking all the outputs.

Any help appreciated, want to get it solved by Monday.

From the Mitsi help file (for what its worth)
The value of S1 and S2 are tested according to the comparison of the instruction.
If the comparison is true then the LD contact is active.
If the comparison is false then the LD contact is not active.

In your case -
S1 =D131
S2 K10 (constant)
is the contents of D131 greater than 10 ??

And I agree with 504bloke get rid !!!!!!
Spoke with Mitsi tech support recently - complete waste of time!

The instruction TRD reads the PLC system Clock And in this case places the values in Data store D130 through to D136 - D130 holds the year & D131 holds the month therefore if its >2010 or >october the the outputs are going to be disabled
In my opinion its a programmers timebomb perhaps someone with a grudge coded it
Just place an open contact of M8000 just before the coil of M8034 or just get rid of it.

Steve

Well I never, a real live timebomb that has executed.

But whoever did it was only half hearted - why didnt they password the plc too.

Or was it a ploy so that only they would be called back to it.

There is no fault of mitsubishi here. You could come across the same thing with AB, Seimens or any other PLC manufacturer for that matter. This is just a plain piece of bad programming. The original creator has purposely written code that will shut down at a given time. As was mentioned before just remove the instruction or block it with a dummy contact that is not being used and remember to comment said label. -I/I- M8000 will do the job also. Do not be put off by the Mitsubishi Knockers it is the failure to understand that causes such derisory comments, you have a good PLC it just needs programming correctly. Regards Badger.

There is no fault of mitsubishi here. You could come across the same thing with AB, Seimens or any other PLC manufacturer for that matter. This is just a plain piece of bad programming. The original creator has purposely written code that will shut down at a given time. As was mentioned before just remove the instruction or block it with a dummy contact that is not being used and remember to comment said label. -I/I- M8000 will do the job also. Do not be put off by the Mitsubishi Knockers it is the failure to understand that causes such derisory comments, you have a good PLC it just needs programming correctly. Regards Badger.

Thanks - i'll take that as a compliment (y)

I like the design of the Mitsi, I also like using IEC Developer BUT my comment was based around recent problems with tech support who could not or did not want to help me with a problem.
I was told I needed to upgrade to a new version of the software and then tech support hung up!

I like the design of the Mitsi, I also like using IEC Developer BUT my comment was based around recent problems with tech support who could not or did not want to help me with a problem.
I was told I needed to upgrade to a new version of the software and then tech support hung up!

That's customer service for you (n)