OT: Blast from the Past!

ndzied1

Lifetime Supporting Member
I think it plays Twinkle Twinkle Little Star...:ROFLMAO:

Drum by njdrocket, on Flickr
m

Wow this is the first time I’ve seen one of these.
Just curious what’s that limit switch on the right do? :)

Adam303 said:

I replaced about 72 of those things used on tire building machines with SLC ... talk about a PITA. I was glad to see the last one land in the dumpster.

Adam303 said:
WAG: with it tied down, lets you open the door without killing control power?

I replaced about 72 of those things used on tire building machines with SLC ... talk about a PITA.

Actually we are overhauling the machine for a customer and will be replacing the drum with a PLC.

The newest thing on it (by about 25 years) is the Arc Flash warning sticker. I thought that was a nice compliment to the tied off door switch.

There are plenty of goodies on it. I'll try to post pictures of interesting old components as we dismantle the thing. We will replace it but I bet the 10 HP U-Frame motor would run for another 50 years easy with a little bearing maintenance.

I'm guessing it prevents the machine from running with the cover off, or at least it USED TO!... :D

I've never seem this style sequencer. We used to use the old Gemco cam switches for machine control. I got pretty good at adjusting them while running with that toothed plastic 'adjustment stick'. My very first PLC project was replacing a Gemco switch with an Omron C20K. Of course, I used the FUN(61) 'drum counter' instruction... :ROFLMAO:

🍻

-Eric