Vmware

randy

Supporting Member
Can FactoryTalk Studio View or RSLOgix5000 run on windows 7? If not then can they both run on a virtual drive using Vmware on Windows 7 PC?

randy

The newer vesions of those packages can run natively on W7. Studio v. 6 can run on W7 (32 bit only) and I believe v.18 & 19 of RSLogix 5000. I don't have the current version of the compatibility matrix handy. I run al my "industrial" software on a VMware VM. I've been doing this before W7 came out. I makes life much easier not to have to deal with all sorts of DLL conflicts and such. Also it's much easier to deal with different versions of software for different customers.

Similar Topics

Greetings all. I am having a new problem with my VM. Host OS is 11 and VM OS is 10. I have two smaller monitors that connect to my laptop which...
Replies
Views
So, I have a little dillemma I am trying to work through but I feel there is probably a better way. I've always liked the idea of using a VM in...
Replies
Views
*VMWare vCenter Converter Standalone version 6.3 & 6.4 Hello Experts I want to convert my current physical hardware machine to a virtual...
Replies
Views
Hello Hivemind My wife has a legacy machine at her work which uses (or I should used) an XP desktop with a serial port to communicate with a...
Replies
Views
I have a MacBook running Monterey. I have a VMWare Fusion virtual machine on it running Win10. On the VM I have the Rockwell toolkit loaded. I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom