VFD 1336 Plus II

shepjess

How do you ramp-up/down a 1336 Plus II manually while it is running? I need to do a PM that requires current readings while running at 0,25,50,75, and 100% running speed. Thanks!

I would like to run it from the VFD itself, but I am not very familuar with the unit so I was hoping someone could walk me through the steps. thanks

Hmmm
Sounds like a little homework in the instruction manual. If you follow the manual and you do it from the factory control panel you should be OK. It is one of them learning things a guy just has to do.

If you have a spare hook it up in the shop and play with it. You wont interfere with production thus
1. they wont be in your hair and confusing interrupting you
2. you wont agitate the Production God

Dan Bentler

I was going to attempt that but I cannot find the manual and I do not have a spare VFD. If I could find a manual I would be more than happy to do the research myself

Yes, the manual along with your documentation of how it is controlled is going to be necessary.

Those manuals are available at ab.com but for whatevr reason they are hard to find with typical search terms. I have one saved, so I can look at the pub. number...

Publication 1336 PLUS-5.3 – September, 2005

Maybe that's why...kind of an odd number for this particular manual

Now let's see if I can find it on ab.com:

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1336f-um002_-en-p.pdf

Between the three links above, you should be able to find what you are looking for. We updated our 1336s Plus II to Powerflex 700 due to obsolescence. Parts = $$$$$$$$.

You are looking for a place in the manual where it describes taking the speed control from Remote (terminal strip) to Local (keypad or HMI) control. There should be one parameter that will make that move for you.

Be sure to put it back when you are done.

Also, local (keypad HIM) control can be masked out, so you might need to change one or more of the mask parameters to allow the HIM to control the drive.

I would recommend saving all the parameters in the HIM before you change anything. Then change the control source, reference source, and masks as necessary to perform your tests. Once you're done and you want to change the programming back to normal, you can simply load the saved settings from the HIM to the drive and be done.

You didn't specify how the speed is controlled? If it's plc controlled, you could try to do the logic to have your speeds you need for the pm in a manual mode. or if you have to do it fairly often, all ab vfd's have parameters/dig inputs for preset speeds. if you cannot hook those up to the plc, you could set the presets to the speeds you need, and manufacture a pm switch unit to switch it to the applicable pm speed. Just be sure that some other operator or mechanic doesn't try to run the machine while your doing the pm, or your pm will be interupted by a call for help as the machine is running to slow........lol

Yes tracer it is controlled by the PLC. I will dig into it more and see if I can get that to work. Thanks for the help everyone!