Citect window priority

mathew.leonow

just a quick question...

On my server PC i have a number of programs running at the same time, each displaying different plant information. my citect runtime program is probably the least necessary to monitor, except for wen an alarm is activated. however, we don't want to have to keep minimising the other programs to keep checking on citect. is there a way that, when citect in minimised and an alarm is activated, it will automatically restore and bring its window to the front of the screen?

any help is good help!

thanks guys

hmm. not a bad idea :)

perhaps make a periodic sound (so that operators dont get annoyed), that is active until alarm has been acknowledged....

hmmm... something to think about

Have a look at the function WinNewAt, you have complete control over what the windows does and how it behaves, just run a function when an alarm category is active.

i think if i call WinNewAt() every time an alarm is made, i might get a cascade of windows cause a few alarms may activate at once.

hmmm. thanks for the ideas guys...

i think if i call WinNewAt() every time an alarm is made, i might get a cascade of windows cause a few alarms may activate at once.

hmmm. thanks for the ideas guys...
Write some Cicode that checks for any active unacknowledged alarms and us ethis as your trigger . have a look at the Example project I think they have audible alarm in that , even if you dont want audible the cicode should show you how they decided when to make a sound and you can just change that function to one that suits you.

Isn't WinNewAT() was for Citect Windows and not for Operating System Windows ?

Correct it is, but you can specify if it is always on top etc, it should work

To stop it opening multiple windows you can specify it is a parent window, it should just display if it's already open*

* I think as I am not in front of citect now

If you want window control there is some functions to control this too.